sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] j2dsk that doesn't require x11libs

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: toxic AT TheWorld.com
  • Cc: SM-Discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] j2dsk that doesn't require x11libs
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 12:56:23 -0600

Not just the running of java though. I should've been more clear, but it's the
casting of j2sdk the spell that requires some X11Libs. I don't want any libs.
know it used to work without the libs there. So a way to hack it out of the
spell or something would be nice. Probably can't happen that way because the
spell is now too nifty to do that.

Quoting toxic AT TheWorld.com:

> hi,
>
> there's a parameter you can add to startup.sh (or run.sh, depending on
> whether you're running tomcat by itself, or with jboss):
> 'jvm.option=-Djava.awt.headless=true'
> or
> '-Djava.awt.headless=true'
>
> some version of this will work; check with google for examples with
> different j2ee containers. also note that this requires j2sdk1.4
>
> good luck
> john
>

> > I know it used to work just fine without an X11. I'd like to have that
> > option
> > still. I just want to use j2sdk for tomcat. I don't need an X server on my
> > pentium 200 testing box. I don't think it's got enough hard drive space
> > for it.
> > 1.5gb for root. I really don't want to put x11 on there. If there's just a
> > simple way to hack it out of the spell, that would be really cool. I
> > understand
> > that now j2sdk is complete and can build every kind of java program and
> > display
> > things correctly, but on my servers I don't need to have x11. I do need
> > java
> > support though, and both of the spells for java need x11.
> > Thanks,
> > _ ._ _ , _ ._
> > (_ ' ( ` )_ .__)
> > ( ( ( ) `) ) _)