sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: David Kowis <dkowis+smdiscuss AT shlrm.org>
  • Cc: "Eric D. Schabell M.Sc" <projectlead AT sourcemage.org>, sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 18:47:41 -0000

Until you do have the time, I wrote up a script[0] which links the
source to the documentation. It'll really break if there are duplicate
function definitions, but it should do for now. It ties into bashdoc
generated stuff. Here are the commands I used to test it:

$ ./bash2doc.sh -p smgl -o docs/
/home/dufflebunk/p4/sgl/devel/sorcery/var/lib/sorcery/modules/lib{misc,codex}
bash2doc.sh
$ ./src2html.sh --funcs docs
/home/dufflebunk/p4/sgl/devel/sorcery/var/lib/sorcery/modules/lib{misc,codex}
bash2doc.sh

I've updated the sample docs[1] to reflect this addition.

The formated source is accessible by clicking on the script name on the
script's page (the one created by bashdoc which summarises all the
functions in the script).

Sorrow has been rewriting the documentation for the script (and going
slightly crazy in the process), and has suggest several improvements
which have been implemented. If anyone else finds any bugs, let me know.

http://dufflebunk.homeip.net/~dufflebunk/src2html.sh
http://dufflebunk.homeip.net/~dufflebunk/docs/index.html