sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers [WAS Re: [SM-Grimoire] Gnome section - Updating to Beta.]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis AT shlrm.org>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers [WAS Re: [SM-Grimoire] Gnome section - Updating to Beta.]
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:16:25 -0500

You know what might be useful in this endeavour? A javadoc style of
commenting.
We could modify a javadoc generator to generate stuff for bash. Probably not
too
hard, it's been done for PHP. Then all the documentation would exist within
the
bash scripts and could be generated. I like the format of generated Javadoc
too.
but that's just me. Other people might not like it so much.

PS: I wrote something (it's not the greatest) but it'll do something of what
we
want it to do.
http://docs.sourcemage.org
There's supposed to be a working version of the docmanager there. if anyone
wants to use it I can give them a user and password and they can enter data
for
documentation. It cross references function calls in a document and then you
can browse it to figure out what it does. I have a sourceforge project site at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/docmanager
You might find it enlightening to peruse the source (or it might make you
dumber
:) )
Please let me know what you think of it if you visit it.
thanks