sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers [WAS Re: [SM-Grimoire] Gnome section - Updating to Beta.]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers [WAS Re: [SM-Grimoire] Gnome section - Updating to Beta.]
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:35:09 -0000

Proper documentation of sorcery code would be nice. This is one of the
medium range goals of the team, the short term one it depends on is the
API. OTOH, anyone who is fairly good at bash can do basic documentation
of function calls, don't worry about understanding how it works in
relation to the other parts, just add a note to the comments like
#REVISE ME

Many functions are already documented, see libcodex for how it's done.

The big picture, however, has to wait until the API stuff is done. The
reason for this is that it's a mess. We want to simplify and separate
the libs, but can't do so until we have a spell API, so we don't go
around breaking all the spells all the time.