sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: David Kowis <dkowis+smdiscuss AT shlrm.org>
  • To: Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • Cc: "Eric D. Schabell M.Sc" <projectlead AT sourcemage.org>, sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:00:27 -0500

I'm a better coder than when I first wrote that program. It really needs to be
redone in a better way, I just don't have the time anymore. I've started
college, I'll probably be working there too. And I've got my regular job, and
I'm volunteering to help a local school by writing a front end for a database
we're (my and my coworkers) are making to help them manage students. I really
wish I could rewrite it so that it's not crappy and more useful. but I just
don't have the time. I think the bashdoc should be more than adequate and
perhaps we can use the *.func files and create a completely different web app,
because the one that I wrote, now that I examine it closely, I think it sucks.
Thanks though,
David
Quoting Dufflebunk <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>:

> It is not compatable w/ the current documentation of sorcery. It is more
> detailed, although not hard to convert (still must be done by hand).
>
> David, the script leaves *.func files in the doc directory, this should
> list all the functions in that source file. I though you might find that
> useful for you mysql database.
>
> On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 02:24, Eric D. Schabell M.Sc wrote:
> > On Friday 05 September 2003 06:54, Dufflebunk wrote:
> > > Due to popular demand, I expanded the script. It can now handle any
> > > number of source files, and will create function and script indicies.
> > > Example output: http://dufflebunk.homeip.net/~dufflebunk/docs/
> > > Script at: http://dufflebunk.homeip.net/~dufflebunk/bashdoc.sh
> > >

> > Nice, let's get this rolling with the Web Team to place it on
> > docs.sourcemage.org asap (well, once the various sorcery stuff has been
> > run
>
> > thru it of course!).
> >
> > Well done dufflebunk!
> --
>

> Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
> PGP public key at
> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3327A9A5
> F1

find ~your -name '*base* | xargs chown :us