sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers [WAS Re: [SM-Grimoire] Gnome section - Updating to Beta.]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: evraire AT tuwg.com
  • To: eric AT sandall.us;, sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Attracting new developers [WAS Re: [SM-Grimoire] Gnome section - Updating to Beta.]
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 17:14:48 -0000

Hi,

> > It is a real life problem.
> > We must attract new developers.
>
> Any ideas how? This is a problem that I'd like to resolve, and I've had a
> few
> step up and show interest, but we need more. ;) I'm open to ideas on how
> recruit more developers.

I think one thing that would help is more comprehensive documentation on
the internal design and workings of the sorcery system. It would lower the
bar a little to new users trying to wrap their brain around the whole thing
and make it quicker for them to jump in and get their hands wet. Every now
and then I get interested in joining, but just the thought of trying to
understand it all discourages me. (What can I say: I'm lazy, and thinking is
just so much work! ;)

Anyway, just a suggestion!

Jonathan Evraire
evraire at tuwg.com

Message sent via Toad-One
Anti-spam notice, this message originated from IP Address: 199.212.215.11