sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] X and Inet6

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: ""Jimmy Yen(顏孝杰)"" <jimmy AT yen.tp>
  • To: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • Cc: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] X and Inet6
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 21:48:10 +0800

Eric Sandall wrote:

Quoting Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>:
I also have this problem now, and have IPV6 enabled (as a module) in 2.6 and have recompiled net-tools to have IPV6 enabled, but I still receive this error. Do you have the modules loaded? Are they compiled into the kernel? Does XFree86 require anything else?
I believe the only thing I did was compiling IPv6 into the kernel, and enabled IPv6 in net-tools. I'm not entirely sure, but the problem seems to be showing up only after I upgraded to xfree86 4.3.99.

I'll keep trying, but hoping your answer will help. -sandalle
Well, if I add ipv6 (# modprobe -v ipv6), I get a different error: (this is as any user, including the current user of the X window) xhost: unable to open display "localhost:0.0" Unable to connect to display localhost:0.0 /tmp/.tuxnwnsetup/setup.run: line 44: 1320 Segmentation fault /tmp/tuxsetup $PWD xhost: unable to open display "localhost:0.0"
What happens if you issue an xhost +? I'm just guessing because I don't play NWN, but is it only NWN that's borken?

Before, I received this error, so it is, somewhat, an improvement: _X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for tcp _X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for tcp _X11TransOpen: transport open failed for tcp/localhost:0 xhost: unable to open display "localhost:0.0" _X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for tcp _X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for tcp _X11TransOpen: transport open failed for tcp/localhost:0 Unable to connect to display localhost:0.0 -sandalle