sm-discuss - Re[2]: [SM-Discuss] 1.0 iso suggestions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Mark Andrews <msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re[2]: [SM-Discuss] 1.0 iso suggestions
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 09:42:21 +0100

>> Good job on the ISO! Went flawlessly for me, I can even use XFS now! One
>> slight problem with LILO, though, it still defaults to a partition for
>> boot, rather than a disk. Is this a bug (perhaps with the lilo spell in
>> my section), or perhaps a "feature" so that LILO won't overwrite a boot
>> loader the user may already have?

AC> I wasn't really aware that it was a 'problem' per se... it could probably
be
AC> changed if the consensus was to do so. Perhaps a bug should be filed?

SourceMage was the third distro (RH & Knoppix being the others) to go
onto my development machine. It's a single drive with multiple
partitions and I'd have been most upset if the install had
trashed my existing grub bootloader.

I vote for feature ;-)

--
Best regards,
Mark mailto:msasgl AT msa-enterprises.com