sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Patching

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • To: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Patching
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:25:44 +1200

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 01:37:13AM -0700, Adam Clark wrote:
> While the gabber spell issue is a frustrating one, and while it can be
> remedied easily enough with one tiny fix to an openssl header file, I still
> have refused to implement that as even an optional patch to gabber because
> this is something the gabber developer should fix in his code. As you're
> already aware, the openssl team has fixed this issue in the next major
> release, but nothing that relies on openssl is ready for that jump yet.
I don't think that Gabber devs will fix it, as it isn't in their code
(there is another problem that is, but that is a simple patch, and I
don't know why on earth they didn't fix it in the release vers. I may do
some playing and see if the CVS version works. If I make a compiling
version out of this (without patching anything that even I would rather
leave alone, like openssl:), would it be worth submitting to the
grimoire, or should I perhaps wait until CVS URIs are incorperated into
sourcemage itself? (I think I remember talk of this...)

> Unfortunately, this means we sit with a broken jabber until the developer
> fixes it. If jabber development doesn't pick up again soon, I may have to
> remove it from the grimoire. I don't think we want broken spells in the
> 1.0 release.
I'm not too sure where development has gone...will have to poke around.
Oh, on the gabber website it says:
* openssl >= 0.9.5a (Can be compiled without it)
I might look into doing that...

--
Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x768B8765 Fingerprint=33C8 EA9C 61F1 F117 EEED 24A5 3BCE 4F77 768B
8765