sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Patching

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Adam Clark <adamsgl AT dhbit.ca>
  • To: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Patching
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 01:37:13 -0700

Hi Robin,

I agree with what Sergey said.

While the gabber spell issue is a frustrating one, and while it can be
remedied easily enough with one tiny fix to an openssl header file, I still
have refused to implement that as even an optional patch to gabber because
this is something the gabber developer should fix in his code. As you're
already aware, the openssl team has fixed this issue in the next major
release, but nothing that relies on openssl is ready for that jump yet.

Unfortunately, this means we sit with a broken jabber until the developer
fixes it. If jabber development doesn't pick up again soon, I may have to
remove it from the grimoire. I don't think we want broken spells in the
1.0 release.

--
Adam Clark, Chat+Crypto Section Maintainer
Grimoire Gurus Cardholding Member