sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Patching

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Patching
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 17:39:25 +1200

What is the best method of patching software in an effort to get it
working? Obviously I can un-tar, tweak, tar back into the spool, and try
a cast, but this would be quite slow as it won't take advantage of make
tracking modified files. Is there a better method? I'm looking to make
Gabber compile, and this requires patching OpenSSL (it dies with:
/usr/include/openssl/des.h:193: declaration of `char* crypt(const char*, const
char*)' throws different exceptions
/usr/include/unistd.h:946: than previous declaration `char* crypt(const char*,
const char*) throw ()'
)

Basically, I don't want to do a manual ./configure, as it won't do it
with all the arguments that a cast will, but I'd like to avoid the
slowest way of putting it back in the spool to test.

Cheers,
--
Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x768B8765 Fingerprint=33C8 EA9C 61F1 F117 EEED 24A5 3BCE 4F77 768B
8765