sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] Coda, and some spellwriting questions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] Coda, and some spellwriting questions
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:50:15 +1200

I've been playing with coda (between me and a friend, just for the sake
of it) and have created initial spells that patch it and get it
installed, with dependancies I know of...has anyone else played with it?
I noticed I had to jump through some strange hoops to actually get it to
run, and am interested in comparing experiences.

Also:
Is there a way for a spell to check for kernel modules/options being
enabled?
Can (and is it desirable to) a spell mail the sysadmin with info (for
example, a mention that in order to use this, goats must be
sacrificed first)
Is there (going to be) a consistant, nice way of handling initscripts?
Is there a way of working out, say from the ./config.in or something,
what any other dependancies of a program are (so that I don't miss
something simply because I already had it, and the compile didn't
fail)
If the spell contains a services file, does sourcemage handle that
automagically (adding and removing it from /etc/services)?

Thats all for now :)
Cheers,
--
Robin <robin AT kallisti.2y.net> JabberID: <eythian AT jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x768B8765 Fingerprint=33C8 EA9C 61F1 F117 EEED 24A5 3BCE 4F77 768B
8765