sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery sound and esd

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] sorcery sound and esd
  • Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:49:13 -0700 (PDT)

Perhaps we could patch sorcery for this (and any others which block the
sound device (i.e. KDE if it does)) so that it will check if the spell is
installed (better yet, if it is running) and then run sox with the
appropriate tag ("| esdcat" for esd, for example).

Ideas?

-One of Three

PS: Check /var/lib/sorcery/subroutines for the sound() function.