sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] sorcery sound and esd

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Roger Shaffer Jr <rashaffer AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] sorcery sound and esd
  • Date: 18 Aug 2002 15:28:16 -0500

I need to run esd for one of my applications and have noticed that it
blocks the sound output for sorcery that is sent through sox. It looks
like I can direct the sox output to esd by tagging "| esdcat" to the end
of the sox call. I've poked around a fair bit, but haven't found where
sox gets called for the sound effects for sorcery. Anyone know where it
is and if I can make this edit (i.e. without it being overwritten with
each sorcery update)?

Thanks,
Rog