sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Smallest Source Mage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Phil/CERisE/KG6MBQ <cerise AT littlegreenmen.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Smallest Source Mage
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:12:52 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan Evraire said:

> A "sorcery-benchmark" spell would be pretty cool. Anyone could do a
> "cast sorcery-benchmark" and the same repeatable steps would be taken on
> everyone's machine.
>
> What does everyone think?
>
> Jonathan Evraire
> evraire AT tuwg.com

Not a bad idea for fun, I suppose.
I'm not sure what the idea is on implementing it (since I can't
think of an accurate way to do it). I guess we'll call the time it
takes for the benchmark spell a compile-time unit, and assign variables
to the other spells and based on those, figure out the time?
An example:
'cast sorcery-benchmark' takes 4 seconds.
The spell for unixcw is rated as 1.25, therefore the estimate
would be that it takes 5 seconds to compile.
I can think of a number of situations where it'll be O(M$)
inaccurate, though.

-Phil/CERisE