sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Smallest Source Mage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Smallest Source Mage
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 06:33:32 -0700 (PDT)

M.L. said:
> On Lundi 29 Juillet 2002 05:58, Phil/CERisE/KG6MBQ wrote:
>> Eric Sandall said:
<snip>
>> I thought we were doing it to make Linux faster, smaller, and
>> generally more efficient?
>> Of course, there are also compressed filesystems for those who
>> REALLY want to slow down disk access ; )
>> It's nice knowing that someone agrees more-or-less with me, but
>> cares enough to word it a little more moderately 8) I may take it as
>> a point of honor being identified as the only person who's "really"
>> against tmpfs 8)
>>

> You're not the only one ;)
> Any more highlanders here ?
>
>> -Phil/CERisE

> // M.L.

I don't really care one way or the other for tmpfs. I just want whatever
works. And if one works for some and one for the other, then we should
offer both. Again, SM is about freedom of choice (among other things), so
if it is possible to have something different, we should offer the choice.

-One of Three

sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://hellhound.homeip.net/~sandalle | SystAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU
ICQ: 667348 | http://www.shock.wsu.edu/