sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Smallest Source Mage

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Eric Sandall" <sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Smallest Source Mage
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 14:41:30 -0700 (PDT)

Phil/CERisE/KG6MBQ said:
> Julian v. Bock said:
>
>> If tmpfs stays the default it is ok IMO.
>
> Why not be a bit more fair than that and when the better choice is
> determined, then that will be the default.
>
> -Phil/CERisE

Well, one reason is that from what I've seen, the "better choice" depends
on whom your asking. Each side comes up with facts and figures that
contradict the other side. I don't use statistics for just this reason,
they can be used to prove anything, even contrary positions.

Therefore I agree with Julian and think tmpfs should be default, as that's
the original way. However, it would be nice to have, during the initial
install, a menu option to choose (similar to choosing your Language,
keyboard settings, timezone, etc.), but have tmpfs default if they don't
choose anything.

-One of Three

sandalle AT hellhound.homeip.net | http://www.sourcemage.org
http://hellhound.homeip.net/~sandalle | SystAdmin @ Inst. Shock Physics @ WSU