permaculture - Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Georg Parlow <g.parlow@gmx.at>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] [OT] My Vision of the Future
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 13:18:22 +0200

> The ward has 77,000 residents. Only about 1300 voted.

o.m.g! This is really bad - here in Austria we have a minimum of 40%
participation - and we think even this is bad

> So there's places where permies can make a significant impact. But its not
> in Washington, DC.
>
> When it comes to our national politics, the place to lay your cards is
> "collapse". I don't believe the United States government as we know it
> will exist 50 years in the future. Investing in that level (emotional,
> political, whatever) is a losing proposition.

I second that. IMHO this goes for any country with more than a million
people. Set up local self-governing structures (LETS, sociocracy, etc) in
order to have them in place once the exploitative dominance of government
starts to crumble.

Talking of exploitative dominance of gov - recently I read, that in 2015
there was more value (money, property, etc) seized by the government in the
US, that what was taken by all robberies, thieves etc combined (not counting
all the legal theftthat is going on by big corp)

Georg