permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Forced Organ Harvesting in China - Colheita forçada de órgãos na China

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Forced Organ Harvesting in China - Colheita forçada de órgãos na China
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2016 19:31:08 -0700

This post does not belong here. Forwarding “news” and a petition about yet
another example of human cruelty, of the thousands that we are all aware of,
does not add to our grasp of permaculture. What possible excuse is there to
forward this here? It teaches us nothing about “the genocide sector” that we
don’t know. It has nothing to do with permaculture.

Trying to hide its non-permacultural nature by calling it a sector analysis
tells me that the poster knows it doesn’t belong here.

If someone wants to offer their own original thoughts about human rights with
respect to permaculture, in their own words, I’d support that and read with
interest. But simply forwarding to a permaculture list a petition and
articles about a horrible situation is something I object to. Claiming it’s
about sectors just makes it worse.

Is there anyone else who doesn't want this list to be a dumping ground for
all the sad news articles and petitions that are out there? Or would we like
more of this?

Will a post teach us something new or enlarge our grasp of permaculture? If
it doesn’t have the word “permaculture” in it, or talk about design or
regenerative solutions, I ask that we really think hard about posting
(particularly forwarding) it here, especially since we regularly talk about
what belongs here. Ironic that Declan just brought this up. Talk about not
doing sector analysis before acting! The purpose (and name) of this list is
decidedly a sector that influences what belongs here.

Well, I guess I’m officially a curmudgeon, griping about slipping standards.
I promise my next post will be positive. If I can just remember that promise!

Back to solving problems I might actually solve, at a scale I can work with.

Toby
tobyhemenway.com