permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Alternative/traditional methods of doing laundry w/o a machine (how?)

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Rob Crook" <crookkohler@bellsouth.net>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Alternative/traditional methods of doing laundry w/o a machine (how?)
  • Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 21:44:25 -0500

Put them in a large bucket with some appropriate soap and then use your leg
as an agitator. Stir the clothes around for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse.
Think about it, you exercise while you wash your clothes. I did this in
Peace Corps for three years and it worked pretty well. The trick is that you
do have to make sure you rinse well.

Also make sure that the soap you will use can be used in cold water and will
not irritate your skin.

Rob