permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in the OldSystem

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Toward Financial Permaculture: New Farms in the OldSystem
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 11:00:50 -0700

> Paul, I think you have missed the whole systems thinking perspective of
> permaculture, which is kind of the biggest part of it.

Ah. A clear voice ringing out that I am wrong. Complete with a
myriad of guesses dressed up as facts.

How awkward.

As I read your stuff it sounds like, yes, you have a big gob of stuff
on how you want things to be. It is contrary to what I would like to
see. And, of course, rather than suggesting that we each have
different dreams, you are certain that yours is "the mission" and mine
is just silly.

Well, this very much convinces me that my current path is rock solid.
I suppose each of us will carry our different messages. I will
continue to say "there are many schools of thought under the
permaculture umbrella." And I will continue to focus on sharing
permaculture techniques with a strong focus on Sepp Holzer as a great
permaculture example.

I suppose I could spend every moment for the rest of my life embroiled
in a debate on this (which is, in the end, my point). But I still see
a thousand tidbits of information to get out to several billion people
that are not currently aware of those tidbits. These connections
aren't going to connect themselves. And so far I don't see your
efforts making much of a difference.

> Jason Gerhardt
> Designer and Educator

I see you signed your post with your creds ... looks like fun ... so ...

paul wheaton
lord of the jungle
the duke of permaculture
the largest permaculture voice in the world

(My creds totally spank your creds)

--

Sign up for my daily-ish email, or my devious plots for world
domination: http://www.richsoil.com/email.jsp