permaculture - Re: [permaculture] health&diet threads: Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia - Natasha Campbell-McBride

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Ben Martin Horst <ben.martinhorst@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] health&diet threads: Gut and Psychology Syndrome: Natural Treatment for Autism, Dyspraxia, A.D.D., Dyslexia, A.D.H.D., Depression, Schizophrenia - Natasha Campbell-McBride
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 18:02:53 -0800

My wife credits the GAPS diet with curing her chronic asthma, in addition
to a number of other health conditions. It's an excellent therapeutic diet,
for a number of conditions. In large measure, it also set her on her career
path as a nutritional therapist. She recently trained with Dr.
Campbell-McBride, and is now a certified GAPS practitioner.

As I understand it, the theoretical framework for GAPS is that many health
conditions (both mental and physical) are caused or exacerbated by poor gut
health. The diet focuses on removing stressors to the gut and healthy gut
biota, then restoring a healthy microecology to the gut. It's good stuff,
and a practical application of ecological principles to the human body and
health. I'd recommend anyone with chronic health conditions take a look at
it.

-Ben