permaculture - Re: [permaculture] pc aquaponics

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] pc aquaponics
  • Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:03:34 -0400

On 10/8/2012 12:46 PM, Frances and David wrote:

"I forgot to mention figs as another "whole systems" crop."

sry, lost me here... in what sense did you mean?

enjoying a great discussion here,
frances

And I always enjoy your input, Frances and David.

I added figs to the list of edible crops that could be grown in
an aquaponic and hydroponic system, fully integrated within a "whole systems" design.

For a PDC instructor a fun and educational group exercise might involve group brainstorming on aquaponics and even competition amongst participants for best integrated aquaponic/hydroponic/aquaculture designs. If such a system could be built on a local site and profit generated from the enterprise then part of money earned could be used to pay PDC teachers for further course work, on an ongoing basis with the courses configured by the students and instructor based on what they need to improve on what they have and create new systems and projects. Just another way for a group to work together to further their knowledgs and experience by generating income to pay for continuing PDC's. Of course, document all this in detail in websites, discussion groops, document archives and blogs. Needless to say, Google offers all this and more; forgot to add Google+ and Google Drive. All of it is free and noone has an excuse not to use these excellent resources. This list (and all my other lists) uses them full tilt.

LL