permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Nth Amerian Conference- the Middle

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Vicki McLellan" <vicki5555@juno.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Nth Amerian Conference- the Middle
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 18:44:30 GMT

If a group is seriously considering meeting in Detroit, we can work with
that. Bob's comments (below) are important. There is a lot going on in
Detroit - urban ag (not the John Hantz version imo), and a fair amount of
something resembling urban permaculture- There have been several full PDCs
offered in the City in the last few years. And yet, this is a largely an
interest of privileged white folks. Racism in the Detroit Food System is an
ongoing discussion among a diverse group of folks. All things to consider
when a bunch of "outside" white folks descend on the city. Vicki McLellan
Detroit, MI Message: 1Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:52:37 +0200From: Steve
Hart <stevenlawrencehart@gmail.com>Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fwd: Nth
American Conf- meet in the middle?To: permaculture
<permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>Message-ID:
<CALkGY+rBEF=4=kn13i5AQwf897ehT4NEKqVhzbVPnDhbKtR8Ww@mail.gmail.com>Content-Type:
text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1Meet in the Middle ?...hey I reckon Detroit
with its revolution of urbanfarming would be a great place to
meet....probably on the bus route tooBob....Steve Hart From Bob's post.
I am just saying that we in permaculture "of all people" should be most
willing -- eager, even -- to examine our consciences about such things. The
ability to even think about holding a meeting like this is based on the fact
that we are privileged white folks, with resources which we think are "to
spare" so we can do something like this. If indeed it is a seed planting
expedition that will yield an actual surplus, that's one thing, but if it's
just another travel indulgence to some kewl place to go, well, we shouldn't
even think about it.

We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. Dakota
proverb"Gratitude is the memory of the Heart" Jean Baptiste
Massieu

-*****************************************
Woman is 53 But Looks 25
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3131/5005b29ac865d329a71dbst51duc
>From rollens@fidnet.com Tue Jul 17 15:20:26 2012
d=google.com; s 120113;
h=content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date
:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer
:x-gm-message-state;
bh=nqAjA2NY7/0OcjgJpqm1UwP0eL+UDiMm+M/p3PHWbpk=;
b=DzRDMb4lwpwOyNkVzsa9eq1jHYIa9F2D2mVwSHrDSy0ikihkRgj4k8QTADbRdD+rlI
4WehYATCZp2fFix6sFEKSwv4bRUKv2/SPRAnc12o7AcChHByaQClDuRHruv272+Hbbtg
wnjPJIf8p6Pc6N+keZbMashCCmYfq/RL7+WCB1FtsDeJvQ/0v6SySRuEE/KlOv9CQrSW
5+zeP41Lvu4d8TAafIt0sElbNaohTkSKLIX5ukdO9DCbkwNP+CL8jL3CASYQQi0m7QLt
4ezix2iYlJj2MyLgvvIujoRwIli+vi4NwrRmkuCdi65rs99vS2YPn7ONhfz7CqO6kuIa
5+Uw=Received: by 10.50.94.166 with SMTP id
dd6mr75843igb.11.1342552821190;
Tue, 17 Jul 2012 12:20:21 -0700 (PDT)