permaculture - [permaculture] Keyline Design - "Challenge of Landscape" book

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Archer <permaculture@juggernaut.com.au>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Keyline Design - "Challenge of Landscape" book
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 20:03:20 +1100

Hey All,

I am reading P.A. Yeomans' 1958 classic "The Challenge of Landscape". I found a couple of online versions of this book, thanks to the generosity of Yeomans' sons.

I'm up to chapter 14 "Unfolding the Plan" where Yeomans works through a sample property "Yonaroo". The web sites I'm reading don't have maps of this landscape which makes the discussion really hard to follow. I have tried sketching out the property based on the other maps in the book, but I keep running into inconsistencies so clearly I have it wrong.

I'm wondering if someone with a real copy of this book could have a look and see if there is a map in that chapter and if so, email me through a snapshot of it?

This book really is an amazing work. I just wish I had 100 acres of land I could try it out on! It's such a disgrace that 50 years on this still isn't standard farming practice.

...Richard.