permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Keyline Design - "Challenge of Landscape" book

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Archer <permaculture@juggernaut.com.au>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Keyline Design - "Challenge of Landscape" book
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 22:17:23 +1100

On 14/10/11 5:08 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. wrote:
They are here:
Land Shape - The Challenge of Landscape: The Development and Practice of
Keyline by P. A. YEOMANS
Share
CHAPTER VI
http://permaculture-design-courses.blogspot.com/2011/07/land-shape-challenge-of-landscape.html

Yes, I found that too. And a couple of PDF versions as well, which I think are derived from the soilandhealth version.

None of them have pictures or maps that relate to the fictional property. The text reads as if there's supposed to be an accompanying image, for example:

"Looking at the contour map we can spot almost at a glance the localities of all the most suitable dam sites."

It would be strange to write that if there was no image. You would instead write "By looking at a contour map...".

Thanks for looking these up Lawrence. I think I'll just have to use my imagination, although I must say I do learn better visually for this type of concept and I was really looking forward to the worked example.

...Richard.