permaculture - Re: [permaculture] in case you hadn't heard...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Adele Field <adeleif@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] in case you hadn't heard...
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 17:51:58 -0800

I work in marketing and have been watching the latest trends with horror.
It's a mad scramble to co-opt every single word; and beyond that, every
well-known phrase; and further beyond that, any pairing of words that make
sense or nonsense together in the English language -- fueled by claiming
domain names, improving SEO status, etc. Yesterday I bought some
Haagen-Dazs ice-cream. They had trademarked the name of the new vanilla
flavor in lowercase -- "five."
-- Adele Field