permaculture - Re: [permaculture] in case you hadn't heard...

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] in case you hadn't heard...
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 07:16:19 -0700

On Feb 16, 2011, at 10:00 PM, Davey wrote:

> Urban Homestead
>
> and
>
> Urban Homesteading
>
> are now both trademarked by the Dervaes family

Seems consistent with what I know about them. I asked for permission to use
two of their photos in a presentation. They said I'd need to pay for them.
When I said I would, they said they hadn't expected me to be willing to pay,
and that they'd get back to me. Then they said no, because "their lawyer said
I might benefit from their work in some way."

I told them that I thought the whole point of what we all were doing was to
have others benefit from it. They still said no. This was the first time, in
a hundred or so photo requests that I've made, that someone refused to do it.
It left a bad taste in my mouth.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com