permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Trader Joe's

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jim Helwig <jimhelwig@mailcan.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Trader Joe's
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 13:32:53 -0600

It might not be so cut-and-dried. A quick google search:
http://www.utne.com/Environment/The-EcoMyth-of-Trader-Joes.aspx
http://www.organicconsumers.org/gefood/traderjoesge.cfm

:-/

Luckily in the Madison, WI area we have great Co-op options.

on 1/26/2011 1:23 PM Linda Ray said the following:
Thanks Jennifer,

Actually Amy, Jennifer IMO has brought up a great point; I also regard Trader
Joe's as a desirable adjunct to our local Farmers' Markets.

I personally would like to see Trader Joe's proliferate and their business
model
spread. Let them put the unconscious processed-and-GMO-food chain-groceries
out
of business.

I hope you'll go take a look around one somewhere.

Namaste,

Linda