permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Permaculture list serve invitation [was] What is a commons? And how do we regulate it?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Johnson <keithdj@mindspring.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Permaculture list serve invitation [was] What is a commons? And how do we regulate it?
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 14:30:28 -0500

A quick Google search reveals that SArjuna (from Belgium, Wisconsin) is involved in the following sites and issues:

http://www.kenoshapotato.com/SBP (squash breeding, gardening)
http://lifeenergies.com/ (man-made radiation, EMF hazards, electrical pollution, etc.)
http://www.emfacts.com/weblog/?p=365 (EMF, etc.)
http://sustainjefferson.org/files/Shivani%20Arjuna%20Fermentation%20Class.pdf (fermented foods)
http://www.rlacg.org/ (community gardening)
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/electricalpollution24jan04.shtml (electrical pollution [with dozens more on this subject])
http://seedkeeperslist.blogspot.com/2010/11/re-seed-keepers-last-chance-to-defeat-s.html (all about saving, preserving and exchanging, garden, landscape and farm seeds and plants)
http://mygiftofcancer.wordpress.com/click-here-for-articles/coming-clean-about-soap-and-other-personal-products/ (self-explanatory)
http://omega.twoday.net/stories/570410/ (electrical pollution)
http://listserv.repp.org/pipermail/strawbale_listserv.repp.org/2007-July/001136.html (commenter and questioner about straw-bale building)
http://www.indiadivine.org/audarya/ayurveda-health-wellbeing/index5213.html (Ayurvedic medicine)

Hmm. Sounds to me like someone who cares about people and not like a "real bonafide professional, paid industry troll or self-styled one masquerading as a normal subscriber"

Did Lawrence do this minimum of research before making his decision or was it arbitrary and reactive?

Does this kind of honest inquiry make me a troll?

Troll: A person who posts to disrupt, distract, incite, or insult, with no attempt to further serious or useful discussion of the topic at hand.

Wikipedia: In Internet slang, a *troll* is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response^or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.^In addition to the offending poster, the noun /troll/ can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term /troll/ and its associated action *trolling* are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with /trolling/ being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term /troll/ to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."^^