permaculture - Re: [permaculture] civility,, respect and reputation

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LBUZZELL@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] civility,, respect and reputation
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2010 15:06:58 EDT

I like the way you put this, Annie. You've articulated the deep question
that young, middle aged and elder permaculturists all need to be pondering.
It's not a personal question, but a question of permaculture ethics. What
would be our appropriate engagement/involvement (or lack thereof) with
various existing imperial, colonial and corporate world forces?

Postmodern philosophy has taught us that there is no such thing as
"non-involvement" but we can be aware of (observe?) the forces affecting our
own
perspective and that of "others" -- and we can make more conscious choices.

Linda

In a message dated 9/17/2010 10:09:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,