permaculture - [permaculture] garlic questions, roofs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Amy Little <amylittle@hvc.rr.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] garlic questions, roofs
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2010 11:30:42 -0400

Hi Perm friends,
I am keeping foods for winter and some of the garlic I have pickled has a blue tinge to it.
I assume it is some bacteria. Does anyone know what it is and what harm/good it might do?

Another garlic question.
The elephant garlic I grew had small seed bulbets around the outside of the mammoth cloves. Has anyone cycled these bulbets through growing season(s) in the Northeast? Advice?

Unrelated:
Roofs:
What would be the best material to put over a plywood then a living roof on a slanted chicken coop?

Amy