permaculture - Re: [permaculture] garlic questions, roofs

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: jamesdavid Sneed <harvestcircle@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] garlic questions, roofs
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 10:50:29 -0700

The small bulblets are called "corms", and take two years to grow enough to
divide into cloves. As a a member of the leek group, "elephant" garlic has a
slightly different array of reproductive schemes, but has a lot in common
with hardneck garlic, except neither the strength of flavor nor the medicinal
qualities. It is pretty good for baking as a whole bulb.