permaculture - Re: [permaculture] walnuts from seed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: mIEKAL aND <qazingulaza@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] walnuts from seed
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:17:24 -0500

Tripp, I've also heard that walnuts are fairly true to seed & grow out
the best selections of buartnuts from my forest garden with fairly
similar results.

As to you're other question, I wouldn't necessarily assume that the
ones in the grocery stores are the best cultivars. For that
information I would check out NAFEX & Northern Nut Growers, both which
have growers who've been growing out many many varieties & continually
observing them.

~mIEKAL