permaculture - Re: [permaculture] permaculture enlightenment for the military

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] permaculture enlightenment for the military
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:38:46 -0400

On 8/27/2010 8:09 PM, Toby Hemenway wrote:
People might be interested in the list of subjects studied by, or
asked for by, the US Army National Guard Ag unit that Scott and I
taught. This is what their 4-month training covered (And this is
unclassified!). Draw your own conclusions according to your
viewpoint.

What a curriculum, both parts! In the US they could become part of
PDC's taught around the country or conduct their own individually or in groups. This could become a post-service career for many of them.

(They are leaving for Afghanistan this week. I can call many of them
my friends. I hope we can all wish them a safe journey and speedy
return, and safety to the people they meet.)

I wish them a safe journey and a productive and rewarding time in Afganistan. In a way they follow on the heels of J.I. Rodale who visited the Hunza region and wrote a book about the place, its people
and their traditions. I would urge the guardsmen to keep a journal.
They will probably be glad they did in coming years. Of course if they have laptops the job would be easier and they could send daily updates to this list if subscribed. I hope this could happen.