permaculture - Re: [permaculture] US National Permaculture Conference

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] US National Permaculture Conference
  • Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 21:07:53 -0700

And what is a national conference if not centralized??

I think that the example of carbon offsets and pumping money into banks to
create jobs are both examples of how our culture scams us into participation
in a game of making the top earners in this culture stay on top.

That we could easily set up a website with database for the whole world to
access in a month is a total pipedream. And I mean a pop the magic dragon
pipedream.

And to then ask for someone else to step up to the plate and create this
dream is beyond the pale.

This list and others that I visit on the web are more than enough ideas for
me to digest and use - I don't need a conference for that. To meet old
friends and exchange our experience over the years and to make new friends
would be the only thing that would pull me to a national conference at this
point. The singing and dancing would be much more of an incentive than an
info exchange.

Sorry,

Scott Pittman
Director