permaculture - Re: [permaculture] small attached greenhouses

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] small attached greenhouses
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 16:23:38 -0700

I know that zomeworks used army surplus ammo cans for water storage. They
are rectangular and water proof, unlike most barrels. They stack well and
fit up against interior walls.

Zomeworks is one of the best passive solar companies around and has been for
over 30 years.

If you use your barrels or ammo cans to raise your beds then you get heat
where you most need it, the root zone of plants.

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute
www.permaculture.org