permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Bloomington IN Peak Oil Task Force Report

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Richard Wade <wade@coac.es>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Bloomington IN Peak Oil Task Force Report
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:19:19 +0100

Keith, That is just great work!! And we can all be proud of you!!!! Is
Bloomington different or is this happening in other small cities as
well, I mean on a significant level. Here in Tarragona we've still got a
lot to do to get this kind of stuff together.
Let us know how the plot unfolds.

Keith Johnson wrote:
Peter Bane and I have been proud to contribute to this document. Perhaps you can use it as a template for YOUR Community Transition Plan....
http://bloomington.in.gov/media/media/application/pdf/6046.pdf
//Redefining Prosperity: Energy Descent and Community Resilience/ <http://bloomington.in.gov/media/media/application/pdf/6046.pdf>
/

The specific charge of the Task Force is to acquire and study current and credible data; seek community feedback; coordinate efforts with other governmental agencies; work to educate the community; and, to develop a /Bloomington Peak Oil Task Force Report/ for approval by the Mayor and Common Council outlining strategies the City and community might pursue to mitigate the effect of declining fuel supplies in areas including, but not limited to: transportation, municipal services, energy production and consumption, food security, water and wastewater. The Task Force is required to present its /Report/ to the Mayor and Council for approval. Once the /Report/ is approved, the Task Force will expire unless renewed by resolution.

Members of the Bloomington Peak Oil Task Force include: Peter Bane, Gary Charbonneau, Clay Fuqua, Christine Glaser, Stephanie Kimball, Dave Rollo (Chair) and Greg Travis.