permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Compost Riddle..

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: George Anna Clark <esac@laneta.apc.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Compost Riddle..
  • Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:20:45 +0100

Hi Michael,

try http://www.ecosanres.org/

includes a link to a discussion group of almost 500 practitioners/promoters/etc. If you click on publications, at the top there is an option for documents in spanish...

I use a urine-diverting toilet seat myself (and an aprox. 40 liter plastic barrel to collect/dry/sort-of-compost the shit - later we give it a "post-treatment"). Although at first people looked at me kinda funny, lately one of the guys working on the farm suggested we collect urine at one of his cousins' 15th birthday party (it was a pretty big party) as we use it for fertilizing. As fertilizer prices are shooting up, people are suddenly becoming more open to wacky alternatives.

Surely somebody near you has operating models? Or were they all abandoned?

suerte,
george anna
Morelos, Mexico