permaculture - Re: [permaculture] introductions & permaculture website

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "L. Santoyo" <santoyo@earthflow.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] introductions & permaculture website
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:05:19 -0700

This is another interesting idea that seems to spring up every couple years
-based on the feedback loop so far, sounds like launching yet another
general global permaculture website project isn't necessarily our weakest
link.

I think that Keith and Peter at Permaculture Activist (.net) have done a
great job at keeping an informative collection and positive direction... but
that said, we too are launching a new website (!) specifically to serve the
design and education professionals in the permaculture community of the US.

I am currently looking for listings, reviews, references and nominations to
include in our Organizations page -but mostly looking for recommendations
and nominations for Experienced Permaculture Mentors.

I am also eager to hear first hand reviews of Apprenticeship Programs and
other related Experiential Education opportunities that can we can
confidently direct new permaculture students to. I will be making a more
formal request and will be contacting individuals soon but thought I would
use this opportunity -since the website discussion is fresh...

Permaculture Institute USA (.org) is a project of the Permaculture Institute
and will be up and running soon with the intention of identifying
Professional Standards and requirements -while promoting groups, guilds,
orgs, events and actions of the US permaculture community.

Please send me your nominations -off list please... Thank you!

Larry
info@earthflow.com

*L. Santoyo, Field Director
Permaculture Institute USA*