permaculture - Re: [permaculture] introductions & permaculture website

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: paul wheaton <paul@richsoil.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] introductions & permaculture website
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 09:09:59 -0700

I'm also a software developer turned permie. I'm a Java guy. I'm a
big fan of forums and and set up some Java forums in 1998. They now
get about 70,000 visitors a day: javaranch.com

I set up some permie forums a few years ago, and they are doing pretty
well at permies.com. That gets about 2000 page views a day and about
30 posts a day.

I think that rather than create something new, first take a look
around at what already exists. There are lots and lots of really cool
things that exist and there are some really cool things in the hopper.
Last fall I learned about how the amazing data from edible forest
gardens is being mashed into a database! Somewhere I read about a
permie wiki. And there are some great vids on youtube! The home
site for permaculture activist magazine has a HUGE list of resources
(although the last time I checked, it didn't mention my stuff).