permaculture - [permaculture] Permaculture Websites, etc.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Keith Morris <earthsurfing@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [permaculture] Permaculture Websites, etc.
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 13:38:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Christophe, et all.
Here in Northeastern North America, we have a wiki:
http://northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com/

which has emerged as a central organizing tool for inter-regional
communication via the web..  There is New York City, Philladelphia, Vermont,
Upstate NY, New Hampshire, Maine, Quebec, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and
now Maryland, etc. connecting through this medium.
The best part about a wiki is its truly permaculture-  participatory,
non-hierarchical, no web master or web mistress...  just post and edit in an
open source way.  Everyone and anyone can contribute.  The most used feature
is the calendar of events and the annual northeastern regional summer
gathering (July 3-4, in Vermont this year), but there is a database of
designers, sites, growing database of plant information, design showcase/
feedback, educational resources like free slides and powerpoints, etc.
We'd love to connect with other regions and flesh out the links page- please
feel to stop by and contribute!
Best,Keithhttp://sterlingcollege.edu/AD.summerfarm.htmlhttp://yestermorrow.org/http://burlingtonpermaculture.googlepages.com/
http://northeasternpermaculture.wikispaces.com/

Keith Morris Prospect Rock Permaculture
Design and Education for Ecological Culture
earthsurfing@yahoo.com (802) 734.1129 PO Box 426 Jeffersonville, VT
05464

"If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable."
-Murray Bookchin (1921-2006)