permaculture - Re: [permaculture] introductions & permaculture website

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Samay Israel <samay.israel@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] introductions & permaculture website
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 16:58:02 -0700

Hi Christophe,

As a fellow programmer, I think it might be neat if there was something
that integrated the many regional websites around the world. Like a web
ring, but with a shared global calendar (maybe google?) and resource bank.
Maybe there is something like that already, but if so, I haven't come across
it. It might also be neat to be able to search by region and each region
that contributes could have an rss feed, or something. Many permie web
sites reference other ones but the data isn't shared across all of them
consistently. For example, our website,
http://www.permaculturemarin.org/index.cfm?section=resources&page=links has
lots of links but it's by NO means complete. And although a wiki exists,
http://permaculture.wikia.com/wiki/PermacultureWiki:Community_Portal it
could use more contributors. That's just off the top of my head.

Cheers!

Samay