permaculture - Re: [permaculture] private property and forests

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: christopher nesbitt <christopher.nesbitt@mmrfbz.org>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] private property and forests
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:44:54 -0600

There are times when community managed land is very important, like managing natural areas for future generations, and times when land can be best maintained by people with a vested interest in doing so. I think that with FSC certification, and a demand for FSC certified lumber, that responsible buyers are willing to pay a premium for well managed wood lots, similar to organic and fairtraded commodities, which helps even short sited entities to make responsible decisions.