permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Boycott the Olympics ....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael <mike.brian@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Boycott the Olympics ....
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:47:21 -0400

I don't even know anybody who even cares about the olympics, yet...
enough people do, apparently. To me, boycotting (& voting, I suppose)
seems like the new 'opiate of the masses'. Right now, without realizing
it, someone on this list is boycotting, uh, ... a Paris Hilton concert.
Does it really change anything? I think competition is great, when it
produces something valuable - the winner makes a solution and the losers
gain experience so that they don't even lose. Why don't they get
together and compete about something that matters if they have so much
damn energy.

--
Loose bits sink chips.