permaculture - [permaculture] Boycott the Olympics ....

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Charles de Matas <cdematas@hotmail.com>
  • To: <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] Boycott the Olympics ....
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 21:23:58 +0000

In ancient Greece warring city states suspended their disputes in order to
participate in the Olympic Games. Presumably when the games were over they
went back to killing each other. I think that the protestors in Tibet should
wait until the Olympics are over to do their protesting. It's not fair to
the athletes who have trained for 4 years to have to be distracted by all of
these political issues. In the past athletes have even been killed while
participating in the games. I'm sure that the organizers of the games would
want the Olympics to be a time of peace, and a universal ceasefire. The
problems in Tibet are not going to be solved overnight. They can wait a few
months. Charles.