permaculture - Re: [permaculture] SSE - "extending the divisiveness"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "David Glober" <david.glober@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] SSE - "extending the divisiveness"
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:26:49 -0800

So what I'm wondering most of all, as a newbie to this list but a veteran of
other lists in other fields - is what does it feel like to have been saving
seed for 33 years? That must deeply rewarding and connecting in several
ways.

Also as a recent arrival to the list - I don't think most of the posts have
been divisive. I think there has been some thinking out loud. I think there
has been some rush to take sides. I think Boards of Directors are often
messy, corrupt, etc., as some one commented. Divorces being extended into
that situation, whoever's done what (and of course I'd like to know who's
done what, but mostly it is about the seeds) - just add more to the mix.

I'm trying to get it into my head and heart just a little bit more:

Teach people to garden and to save and exchange seed.

david glober, thinking out loud a bit from san francisco