permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Does anyone have a comment on this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: LINDARAY@att.net
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Does anyone have a comment on this?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 20:52:08 +0000

Here is my comment:

The following words bother me:

>...intellectual property right of your company...
>...register "permaculture" as Internet brand name...
>...who is responsible for trademark or Intellectual property right...

Sounds to me like they're looking for you to sign over your right to the
intellectual property of your own company *and* allow them to swipe the
company name away from you as well.

They may be meeting a legal requirement by contacting you with this query. If
you do not respond, you may be assenting by default.

I personally would respond in some verifiable way (Like in writing, addressed
to someone specific) with "No, you may not."

That way you go on record as having responded. I also would not respond by
phone as they prefer- That communication won't be verifiable.

If you respond by phone, not only is your response not verifiable, but they
now have "phished" out details of your position and know what legal steps to
take to circumvent your position.

You could always tell them yes they can have it- For $200K USD :).

Bad, ain't I < g r i n >. Of course, I just call it careful :). China has a
pretty bad track record IMO.

Linda
PS: Notice I said *nothing* about a Chinaman named Eros.
-------------- Original message from "Darren Doherty"
<darren@permaculture.biz>: --------------