permaculture - Re: [permaculture] SSE - "extending the divisiveness"

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] SSE - "extending the divisiveness"
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:10:20 -0500

Keith Johnson wrote:

Speaking of "extending the divisiveness".....the kind of reactivity folks are manifesting is EXACTLY the attitude that EXAGGERATES divisiveness....

Not at all; read the posts. I can tell you that noone, including the fence
stradlers (mugwumps) have
divided my thinking on this issue and never will. You need to decide who you
are going to support and stick with them.
Fence straddling only propagates divisiveness. I fully understand looking at
both sides and waiting for more information
and seeing who will perpetuate the roiginal mission of SSE and who will not. As I saiod I am erring on the side of caution and supporting Kent and developing a new seed saving and distribution network that will support any work he does
now or in the future and that of any other heritage seed preservation organization. After what I have been through with my farmers market and watching hat seems to be a political power grab take place, right here at home, I am highly skeptical of the motives of those who are trying to take over SSE, to say the least.

I'm joining Toby's more sober, calm, and observational perspective, on the fence, agreeing AND disagreeing with parties on both sides.

You'e wasting your time. Support those who have a history of developing and supporting boh sustainable agriculture and permaculture.