permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Insights into the SSE debate by knowledgeable insiders.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Insights into the SSE debate by knowledgeable insiders.
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 08:24:59 -0500

Toby Hemenway wrote:
<...>
Thank you Toby for pointing out more of the obvious and insignificant and
helping
extend the divisiveness perpetrated by those trying to take over the SSE. Kent is the only owner of that organization and I will continue to help him regain control of SSE any way I can.
Going on about the importance of there being "two sides" to the issue is merely a tactic to avoid overtly supporting Kent, instead succumbing to the misinformation campaign to unseat him and steal the SSE. Who knows what they will
do with it if they can take it over. You certainly don't and I prefer to err on the side of caution and continue to support Kent instead of getting suckered by the silly smut campaiign some are perpetrating against him. True or false
about that, no matter. Kent built the SSE and deserves to continue to own and run it as the only qualified person capable of doing so. The Board of SSE needs to resign immediately. If you don't side with Kent you're helping the thieves steal SSE from the public. Noone knows what the future of SSE will be in the hands of the currnet Board and the Advisers. The old saying "you never missi it until its gone" and "keep the faith" apply in the here and now. The world of market farming and homestead gardening have a big stake in the SSE, whose future would be secure under Kent and dubious at best under the control of the plunderers.

I thought you "permies" were more loyal to your roots, those who contributed directly an indirectly to the origin aand sustenance of the permaculture movement. Instead it looks like a lot of wallowing in pointless polemics in the interest of "fairness". What's fair in this SSE crisis is to return control of SSE to Kent and his chosen staff.

LL